Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A Road Bump

I’ve fallen victim to a vituperative bit of blogging subterfuge. You may have noticed my hit counter has been reset back to zero; I hate whoever did this. My list of suspects is short, comprising only three candidates; all are known members of Al Qaeda . . . Osler, Thomas and Coyote Ugly.

Fortunately there’s a backup.

Twenty-three days ago I started using a program that not only keeps track of the hits but also where those hits came from. It tells me what country the user was in, what website they came from, and what search words brought them to my site.

For example:

In the last twenty-three days I’ve had 11,392 hits; 1,053 of those people were referred from Osler’s blog.

Of the total hits: 11,335 have been from the U.S; 26 from Canada; 4 from Greece; 4 from the U.K.; 2 from Australia and 1 from Argentina, Finland, France, Indonesia, Italy, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand and Romania.

Unfortunately, it’s become apparent that several of my visitors aren’t much interested in my general content.

For example: “Mung tounge” has led to 7 hits, while “merkin wigs” has led to 3.

Some of my other favorite search phrases include:
“haikus about listening” (You probably didn’t want to read about my cat licking himself.)
“Prom spots Waco” (I've taken the liberty of linking to SoTheBearSays in order to clarify why I no longer recommend the law library.)
“Celebrity cohabition” (If you still have questions, ask Chicago.)
“Waco Sucks Blog.” (Possibly the answer to “Waco We Do.”)

Anyway, Al Qaeda may have won the battle, but the war is far from over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home