Friday, October 27, 2006

Haiku Friday (Cont.)

Expect the list to grow as this long Friday continues. The theme is simply, one word titles.

“Finals”

Remind me of sex
In that I cry when I’m done;
Others point and laugh

“Schedule”

Contracts, Property
First Saturday then Tuesday;
Finishing with Torts.

“Dispair”

Studying is fun
If fun means unfulfilling;
Like humping my sheets.

“Grades”

Dreaming of an A
Tragic nightmares of an F
Content with a C

“Contracts”

Expectancy what?
Parole Evidence Rule who?
Statute of Frauds why?

“Here”

I’ve finally found
The place where fun goes to die;
A desk all alone.

“Envy”

My cat licks himself.
Is it because he lacks thumbs
Or just cause he can?

**UPDATE** (7:55)

Thanks for caring.

I’m like a savant who’s learned ways are limited to improvised Haiku. A number of classmates were worried that I spent too much time on poetry and not enough time studying. To prove them wrong, I freestyle’d these bad boys in about a minute. So fear not; I’m still working on Contracts.


Brad Thomas must die;
Says haiku will make me fail
Must paddle his ass.

O skinny-fat man
Your hair resembles Brill-O
O how I hate thee.

Coffee makes me twitch
I’m not having a siezure;
Thank you for asking.

I not only write
But speak in haiku as well;
Listen when I talk.

7 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was impressed when you freestyled it on your way to the bathroom but you probably spent way too much time putting it in blog form.

Thanks for helping the curve.

-B

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

I do what I can. The good people at FromMalibuToWaco are alway here to help.

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Thomas said...

Swanburg has a big heart.

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Thomas said...

dont sit next to me in the exam room. i dont want your bad analysis getting mixed in with mine

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger The Medievalist said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger The Medievalist said...

Jonathan,
I realized it was the wrong word about an hour after posting the haiku while listening to someone drone on about Deconstructive Structuralist Movements in Fictional Autobiography--don't ask. I was staring at my notes and realized that "uncertainty" was not the right word. Here is the correct Haiku, which is on the Inquisitionist site:

Ontological
Epistemological
Instability.

I must admit however that for transcendental reasons, a mistake with the word "uncertainty" has its own built in irony.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

Apology accepted. I also make most of my profound realizations during lectures. Like during a contract lecture on the legal definition of a chicken, I realized “Go hang a salami im a lasagna hog is” a palindrome spelt the same backwards and forwards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home