Sunday, October 22, 2006

Welcome To Waco

My parents flew in to watch the Baylor football game and great times were had by all. When the B scored nineteen unanswered in the final quarter to win by one, my father was screaming joyous expletives and high-fiving the toothless man to his left, while my mother feverously shook her bear claw with the excitement of a special child riding the short bus for the very first time.

Although the game was fun it certainly wasn’t the highlight. That award goes to the live fishing show held in the Wal-Mart parking lot.

Without going into detail, “Lake Wal-Mart” as they called it, was a large tractor trailer converted into a glass walled aquarium; an aquarium stocked with bass of all shapes and sizes. This man who claimed to be a professional fisherman stood on top of the rig, put on a microphone and started teaching the shoppers how to catch the big one.

Although he didn’t catch anything, it was fun to watch the fish point and laugh every time a lure swam by. My mother and father seemed confused but I looked them proudly in the eyes and triumphantly exclaimed, “Waco We Do.”

So yea, my mother obviously celebrated her birthday in style and I’m glad they stopped by.

There is so much more I could write about, but I currently lack the time and patience.

My S.B.A. picks should be coming out later tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home