Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Ask and You Shall Receive

The big news at Baylor right now is the comment section of Prof. Osler’s blog. He promises a detailed summation in the morning so I’ll keep it brief for those not looking to read through the 50+ lengthy comments.

The two main issues seem to be:
1) Deflated grading
2) Job Prospects

Whether something will be done remains to be seen but with more than fifty, generally well though out comments, the odds are in the students’ favor.

And since I didn’t want to ruin his comment section with my petty complaints, these are my two:

1) The 1Q’s had some new faculty lunches with the professors. At some point in time the 2Q’s got uninvited. As you can see from a post earlier this quarter, I was excited by the prospect. I demand a free lunch.
2) Number two goes along the same lines as number one. You can see from this post we were supposed to have Dr. Pepper socials in the Dean’s suite on a regular basis. Thanks for nothing.

Broken promises, leaving me with an empty stomach and shattered dreams.

2 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to sound cynical, but I highly doubt ANY of the recommended changes will be made. I've seen this before, and there is never a change.

Just a thought. . .

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

psh.........no one cares about the summer starts. we are a ragtag group of slackers and assholes who bask in the glory of basking. no one likes us...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home