Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Things Have Been Better

This morning is going poorly. I woke up feeling like shit, my douche bag of a cat dismantled a full roll of toilet paper, and after 8 days of scrubbing rides, my classmates learned to ignore my early morning calls and texts.

Subsequently, I missed CrimPro but not for want of effort.

At 9:13 I started marching. At 9:18 I got a phone call. It was the mechanic. Turns out he disposed of the original parts, and therefore the insurance company was denying the claim. He apologized, and asked what I was going to do. I told him I’d call him back.

I called the insurance company. First they scolded me for calling while walking in a wind storm; second, they blamed the mechanic for not following procedure. I hung up, tightened the hood over my head and kept marching.

I eventually made it to school, my face slightly wind burned, my legs slightly weary. The printer in the lounge lacked toner, and my cell phone put up an error message.

Fortunately, Prof. Property left me alone and Wednesday night is fast approaching.

4 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger Poseur said...

Remember what you've learned about insurance companies in law school: they make money by denying claims.

In short, you're screwed.

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger TJ said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Swanburg,

It is with great sadness that we have denied your insurance claim. You should be happy to know, however, that as a result of us not paying your claim, we will not be forced to raise the rates of your fellow insureds higher than we have otherwise planned. It is good, uncomplaining insureds like you that keep our company strong.

As a side note, you will also be happy to know that I am on pace to deny 73.7% of all insurance claims filed in my office this year. If I achieve this incredible result, every executive in our office will be able to trade their yachts in for yachts that are 9 feet longer, on average. In turn, the economy will prosper as a result of our spending, and lay people such as yourself will eventually feel the trickle-down result.

Thanks again for being our insured and for keeping America's economy strong.

P.S. We now offer flood insurance to protect all of your property! Exclusions for damages caused by liquid-based elements may apply. Contact your friendly agent for details!

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

remember what prof civpro would say about insurance companies "hey, lucifer" and "hell no!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home