Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A Drive To Remember

After this morning, my life is one step closer to complete. I was at the mechanic dropping off my car and the secretary asked if I needed a ride. I told her I needed to be dropped off at the law school, and an older gentleman, who they apparently knew well, volunteered to drive me instead.

Turned out he was an old Baylor lawyer. After discussing golf, cars, and professors, he told me about the law. He talked about the profession, he talked about sentencing guidelines, he talked about specialties inside specialties and he talked about Baylor.

As the car pulled up to the law school, I got his name for a second time, shook his hand, and parted ways.

Curiosity got the best of me, and I Googled Mr. Gary Coker of Waco. Turns out, he is the former lawyer of Waco’s very own . . . David Koresh.

4 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Neato

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the record, it didn't happen in Waco...awesome story, though. Guess that kind of kills any desire to do a clerkship with him, huh?

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Rick Coker said...

Hey, that's my brother! Dang, that older gentleman thing sort of threw me for a bit. He is older than I am, though.

The whole David Koresh thing happened at a compound called Mt. Carmel, between Waco and say, Mt. Calm on Hwy 31- maybe ten miles east.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

I'm ceaslessly amazed by the extent and diversity of the people who stumble upon this website.

If you see your brother, tell him i said thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home