Sunday, July 02, 2006

All That's Left is a Star Wars Fetish

If I’m not mistaken, the 1st annual ping pong tournament is tomorrow at 3:30; I have a good feeling about this. My serve has been sharp, my returns tremendous, and I’ve been shaping shots like a magician of sorts. Training with the Chinese national team has done wonders for my backhand.

As a matter of fact, I went up to the school today for the sole purpose of playing ping pong. Whether that is something to brag about remains to be seen but while others were busy cramming for the CivPro exam, which is only 15 days away, I was busy beating Thomas’ ass.

Winning would not add any cool points to the résumé but frankly I don’t care.

I can see it now:

Girl 1: Who is that guy?
Girl 2: That’s the reigning ping pong champ with the blog.
Girl 1: Oh that’s sad.
Girl 2: Yea he should have stopped with the blog.

Speaking of really bad game, I took Gorgeous Undergrad to the movies last night to see The Devil Wears Prada and as we were leaving the theater:

Her: What did you think of the movie?
Me: It was a lot different than the book, especially the ending.
Her: You read the book?
Me: I mean . . . wait, it’s not like I read the book or anything it’s just I heard about the ending and . . . well, yea I read the book but it’s because of my ex girlfriend.
Her: Huh, I didn’t know any guys read the book.
Me: Yea it was a special edition with a lot of naked pictures. Let’s go home you look tired.

UPDATE:
I was mistaken. The tournament is the 5th, 6th & 7th. I shall practice till then.

4 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did not beat my ass at ping pong. Those games were very close. You did win, but you did so in quadruple overtime. That is not an ass beating.

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does the law school have a ping pong table?

 
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes...and a swimming pool in the basement...and a torture chamber in Room 120, and 236, and 122.

 
At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget the grand torture chamber--- 234--the PC room.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home