Sunday, June 25, 2006

When Good Intentions Go Bad

I’d heard rumors that undergrads get kicked out of the law library, but I assumed these rumors referred to males and ugly, boisterous girls; I assumed wrong. I recently witnessed the extrication of two gorgeous, quiet females looking to pass a history exam and maybe receive an invite to law prom in the process. I was distraught.

We should encourage rather than condemn this type of behavior. If Baylor Law is going to supply a lovely view of the Brazos, it might as well furnish alternative avenues of distraction. I’d go so far as supplying free Evian and a calorie-free Salad Bar to entice potential eye candy.

Limit their use to public viewing areas and if they start talking on their cell phones or something equally obnoxious, kindly remove them to the hall. It’s fool proof.

The Deans’ portraits are nice, but let’s step it up. Leave recruitment flyers at the end of said salad bar and the World will be a better place. Admissions will receive more applications and a few students will get dates.

And while I’m proposing school policy, may I recommend a vending machine that does ice cream?

9 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

im sure if you put the matter to a vote of the students at the law school, the resulting yea-to-nay vote count would look very much like the ratio of male to female students at the law school.

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't want to have to sit next to an undergrad who is sweating over some intro to psych final while i am trying to figure out civil procedure...that would just piss me off.

leave the perving of younger girls at the pool swanburg...i don't think the library regulars would appreciate their study place to be the new ground zero for how-to-get-shot-down/create-an-awkward-situation 101.

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i guess that would remind the "library regulars" too much of their failures as social creatures.

 
At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey swanburg, speaking of perving girls at the pool, ive got a set of eastern european twins comming to town this weekend (maybe). you in?

 
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

make that "coming" with one "m"... but keep the part about the twins...

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's something about eastern europe that screams hairy arm-pits.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

I doubt Eric would bring hairy girls to the pool but if he did I'm sure they would have HUGE personalities. Basically, I’m there either way. I’ll study up on my Eastern European history so I can woo them with my saucy yet insightful banter.

 
At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think its totally "faaaabulous" that Swanburg repeatedly describes himself as saucy.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

Saucy in this case is used to describe the banter not myself. Saucy simply means impertinent in an entertaining way. Like I'll say, "Do you have any American in you? No. Well would you like some?"

If I don't get slapped my banter was suacy. And that is faaaaabulous.

P.S.
I would never actually use that line and you shouldn't either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home