Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Consequences of Revelry

Last night was exceptionally fun, this morning was not. I’m never drinking again.

Class didn’t start till 1:00 but for some reason I woke up at 8:00. I spent the next several hours cursing the day of my birth and looking for a comfortable place to die. I tried the bathtub, couch, kitchen floor, bathroom floor but nothing came remotely close to working.

At about 11 or so there was a knock on my door. I wrapped a towel around my naked, lifeless body only to see an exceptionally chipper Thomas standing there with a bottle of laundry detergent.

Thomas: Hey. . .what’s going on?
Me: What the hell are you doing? Why are you here?
Thomas: Just doing some laundry over there and figured I’d check on you.
Me: I think I’m dying.
Thomas: Have you tried sleeping in the closet. I used to do that in undergrad and it works. It’s totally dark and generally quite relaxing.
Me: I’m willing to try anything.

Thomas left and I went to sleep in the closet.

20 minutes later there was another knock on the door which was apparently slightly ajar. I assumed it was Thomas back for more:

Voice: Hello?
Me: (shouting) I’m in the closet
Voice: (calmly) Are you ok?
Me: (shouting) No I’m not fucking ok. If I was ok, why the fuck would I be lying in a closet?
Voice: (calmly) Do you need help?
Me: (shouting) Yes I need help . . . I’m dying.
Voice: (less calmly) Hold on.

My closet door swung open and there I was, lying in my closet wrapped in a towel, looking up at my friendly FedEx deliveryman.

After a several rather awkward apologies, I walked to the front door, signed for my package and sent him on his way.

My first final is only two weeks and three days away. It’s time to hang up the drinking boots and put on the thinking cap.

8 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that FedEx man went home today and said to his wife, "You won't believe what happened to me today..."
he might even tell the story around the workplace in a delivery-man clash of the craziest shit ever encountered on the job. FIRST PLACE: naked white guy trapped in closet.

you are famous for some very undesirable reasons...

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

I already told my mother to never ship me anything FedEx so long as I live in this apartment.

 
At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was left out of the story was the copious amount or whining and crying on his part about how bad his hangover was. It seriously went on for at least a half an hour.

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what could be more noble than bitching about a hang-nail?

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to crash your blog... I noticed that a thread that I posted on BaylorFans about whether I should attend Baylor in the Fall made its way onto the comments of Sothebearsays... so I thought, what the hell, I might as well see what the other half of the Baylor blogosphere thinks.

Anyway, if any of you would like to b*tch, comment, or give advice about enrolling at Baylor Law, I would greatly appreciate it.

(Click on my name at the top and it will take you to the thread)

Thanks.

-APLS

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

baylor law school is more fun that cocaine.

 
At 4:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice, cozy place you got here :)..

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home