Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Poppycock, Lies and Mendacity

Let’s reference back to my post entitled Game Day Recap from May 26, 2006. I quoted SoTheBearSays as saying, “Don’t worry guys, everyone makes the playoffs.”

That was Bullshit.

The 1Q softball team has been officially barred from competing in the World Series of Law League, ending our season 0 - 3.

Peter Gammons of ESPN blamed the ‘Werebears’” poor showing on an initial lack of pitching accompanied by pitiable coaching. He went on to psychoanalyze the inferiority complex created by the team name explaining, “It permeated their essence and deprived them of a fighting chance.”

I couldn’t agree more Peter Gammons. . . I couldn’t agree more.

Management will have to make a few off season trades if the team is going to be ready for fall season flag football. Only time will tell.

6 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, yeah, the SBA made a liar out of me. For the record, this is the first time I've ever played Law League softball when there wasn't a play-in game with 5 teams or a first-round bye for the top 2 teams with 6.

But you're welcome on our bandwagon, Reach Around, Andy & Friends. It's a nice wagon--we've got wicked tunes and pimp tight rims.

So yeah, I'm sorry.

 
At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

last quarter in intramurals in all the sports played there were teams that didn't make the playoffs. where have you been chris???

 
At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last quarter I was in a little thing called Practice Court I, so I didn't play.

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

when you talk about off season trades, you arnt refering to me, are you?

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we may be able to get a sick pack of Old English for Thomas...any takers?

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

I already splurged on that Facebook Flyer. Thomas' isn't worth more than the $10 I've already spent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home