Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Prof. CivPro Hires a Temp.

He’s like Prof. CivPro’s nicer, shorter, twin brother with the face of a young Harlan Williams. Our pseudo-celebrity substitute shed some light on pleaded complaints but more importantly . . . he stayed within his hour; possibly the first Baylor professor since the Carter administration to accomplish such a feat.

I don’t know if it’s my clothes, seat, or pathetic look of incontinence but professors love to call on me when I sit in room 236. No matter how many times I get called on, I’m always taken aback. I’m not a big hand raiser, and I have yet to say an intelligent thing upon my feet, but for some reason professors keep coming back and I keep eating obscene quantities of shit.

I’m the Socratic Method’s version of a Fat kid and my answers are the equivalent of a belly flop; amusing for everyone else, painful for the fat kid.

I did say the words “contract” and “certiorari”; Prof. Sub-CivPro seemed enamored.

Fortunately, after only a few short minutes he tied a tourniquet around my hemorrhaging wounds and the class proceeded painlessly thereafter.


Today June 20, 2006 is a big day for birthdays:

Lionel Richie is 66
Nicole Kidman is 39
John Goodman is 54

And most importantly:

Bradley Thomas is 22

5 Comments:

At 6:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha.........fat kids.





yaaay...you're awkward.

 
At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When using the phrase "look of incontinence," did you really mean a look hinting at your inability to retain bodily discharge voluntarily? For your (and others)' sakes, I would hope not.

 
At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... or it might be because you have a blog. Profs do read these things, you know.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

As a matter of fact, that WAS the look I was hinting at. As a facial expression, it resembles a deer in headlights blended awkwardly with a slack jawed look of forgetfulness. Put the two together and I could be mistaken for one that craps the pants. I don’t actually crap my pants, but professors don’t know that.

 
At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did Prof. Sub-CivPro have the initials R.R.?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home