Thursday, June 29, 2006

Let's Try This Again

I deleted last night’s post for fear of repercussions; sadly in the process I deleted my accolades for the PC students. I was really impressed by everyone I saw and you’ve all given me hope for the future.

I played James Maurice Gallimore; a less than key witness for the contestant in a thrilling will dispute. My character was a smooth talking southern gentleman with pension for putting the jurors at ease and striking fear in the hearts of opposing counsel. The cowards refused to cross me and I left the witness-stand triumphantly unscathed.

In the future, if anyone needs a witness and it fits my schedule, I’ll totally be your bitch.


Last night, after I was done studying I went over to Scruff’s. Totally sober, just figured I’d check it out. Anyway, I start talking to this undergrad about Pepperdine Law blah . . . blah . . . blah and an upper quarter comes over and says, “Yea this guy is like one of the top bloggers at the law school.”

I didn’t wait for her response, I just moved on.

I’m proud of my blog don’t get me wrong; it’s just not something that should ever be included in a pick up line. It’s right up there with, “I have two kids”, “Do you mind if I have a mild case of herpes?” or “I’m really into anime.”

I moved on to the next girl, told her I was a world famous soccer player and went from there.

5 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats beg the question of if you can have a mild case of herpres, wouldn't you just have or not have herpes?

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i think that is like having a mild case of being born with three arms...

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

First, if I'm telling a girl about my herpes, mild sounds so much better than incurable. Second, if the third arm is shorter than the other two then I would also refer to that as mild misproportionment.

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it would be much better if you could say, i have a mild case of being born with a third leg

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a heavy, cock-blocking cross we bear, isn't it? And the women that sort of line would work on are the ones who have a case of herpes and some leftover anime from their last boyfriend, who had two kids. I prefer to preempt it by going up to people and unsolicited shouting "Yeah, I've got a blog, do you think that's hot?" 'cause these days, they're going to Google your ass anyway, and the jig is up.

Or just hook up with a law student.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home