Monday, May 22, 2006

Still Hot But Slightly Retarded. . .

In a somnambulistic state I apparently decided that my face could use a good highlighting. I blame it on Prof. Torts canceling class. She left us with four hours between CrimLaw and CivPro which forced me to go home and read on the couch. I accomplished nothing. Unless of course you count waking up to an orange BIC® Brite Liner, wedged two inches up my nose an accomplishment. I apparently used the open highlighter as a pillow and nuzzled it with my entire face, leaving my skin and couch covered in toxic glowing ink. Terrific.

A special thank you goes out to a fellow 1Q that handled Kulko, Helico, & Northstar today so that I didn’t have to. You performed well in the face of danger and for that I commend you.

In preparation for law league softball I went to Sports Authority after class and purchased my softball paraphernalia. I’m now the proud owner of a glove and softball, neither of which I’m capable of using.
I’m having a game 7 party at my apartment, Papa John’s Pizza and all.

Thanks to a reader much smarter then myself, I have regained my sidebar.

4 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Jeremy Masten said...

I don't mean to nitpick; I really do enjoy your blog. But you messed up another word. "Then" is used when referring to sequence; "than" is used when comparing things. E.g., "I ran, then I fell down the stairs" versus "I fell down more stairs than he did."

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

Firstly, I'm retarded, that's why I write blogs and not memos. Secondly, I've scrutinized the document several times and fail to see the words 'then' or 'than'.

If grammar turns out to be my big problem I'll be stoked. Right now I'm more concerned about getting hit in the head by a softball on Thursday.

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have an 11:12 p.m. dork alert on aisle one.

Avacadojer: per the Chicago Manual of Style, I regret to inform you that you incorrectly and improperly failed to capitalize the first letter of your name. This serious violation shall result in your suspension from this blog for a period of ninety (90) days. Go and sin no more. And don't throw any more rocks in your glass house.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Jeremy Masten said...

My mom thinks I'm cool. Am I still an 11:12 p.m. dork?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home