Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Day 7 and Still Going

If everyone else was jumping off a bridge would you do it too? Of course I would. I’d do anything to fit in and that includes running the Bear Trail. People around here brave the heat on a daily basis to frolic around on the dirt, grass and concrete, endangering their knees with every step. I tried to tell them about elliptical machines in air conditioned rooms but they want nothing to do with it. Anyway, I strapped on a new pair of Baylor colored New Balance and took them for a 20 minute spin. The shoes worked well, my legs, not so much.

As for my law school experience so far, it’s kind of the most fun thing I’ve done in a long time. Since I'm a big fan of analogies I'll go out on a limb and say we are one big happy family. Profs. LARC and CivPro are the Iron fisted parents that only want what’s best for me. They may regularly resort to corporal punishment but I probably won’t make the same mistake twice. Prof. Torts is that wacky aunt who doesn’t really fit in at family functions but you love her regardless. We both did the NY, California, Waco trifecta so how could I not feel a connection. Prof. CrimLaw is the kind, gentle grandfather looking to sit you on his lap and divulge all of life’s secrets.
As for my classmates, we get along better then most siblings but I hesitate to use them in the analogy. By including them I'd be forced to diagnose at least one with an Oedipus complex and that’s for another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home