Friday, May 12, 2006

What Did You Say?

“So I sold you a pig in a poke, but there was no pig, just poke.”

I may not look up all the legalese that floats my way but there is no way I’m going to let a phrase like ‘pig in a poke’ slide by. Turns out, a poke is a bag sufficient for carrying among other things, a piglet. So next time someone tries to selling you a pig. . .make sure there is actually a pig in the poke.

We are taking a group field trip to happy hour. My only goal is to not be that guy.

**UPDATE**

I was that guy

6 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you consult the Book of Chris, chapter February, verse 19th, we find...

http://sothebearsays.blogspot.com/2004/02/quickie-before-pre-op.html

Glad to see some things are still the same.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

Prof. CivPro likes re-using his tried and true jokes, phrases, and torture techniques. He, like myself is unoriginal and for that I can't blame him.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Jeremy Masten said...

There is a student in your entering class I went to undergrad with (at Howard Payne) who uses phrases like that. He used to talk about buttering his butt and calling him a biscuit while, outside, it came a turd-floater. You'd probably recognize him if I described him, but I'll let him reveal himself more slowly.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

There is only one man I've ever met from Howard Payne and he seems like a fine individual. He's also one of the 27 other people smarter then me so i'm in no position to be saying anything.

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home