Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Today's Highlights

Breakfast @ IHOP: Bacon, ham and cheese omelet, three pancakes, a side of fruit salad and orange juice. Always hits the spot.
Genie Car Wash: Their version of leather scent is vaguely reminiscent of urine, but the car is clean.
Tour of law school: Showed father around and met a girl who was writing an article for Law Review. Apparently the article is due by the end of the year, but she plans on being to busy for the rest of the time. She seemed like a smart girl and her only advice for me was to run away while I still could.
Bought books: The cute girl behind the counter seemed impressed with my peeling nose and forehead. As she should have been. Pound for pound law books are a better deal then undergrad but sadly I don’t feel my backpack is large enough.
Dr. Pepper Museum: Dr. Pepper’s original name was ‘The Waco’. That’s all I will say about that.
Grocery Store: H.E.B. is no Ralph’s but it’s a sacrifice I must be willing to make.
Nap
Golf Course:
A grass range and $16 after 3 pm. I couldn’t hit the ball but I have nobody to blame but myself.
Best Buy: Bought some cables to set up my projector and delayed ordering a new printer under the assumption I get free printing at school. We’ll see how my assumption holds up under pressure.
Baylor Baseball Game: Only caught the last 3 innings but Baylor beat the hell out of UTA. I never found out what UTA stood for but I felt an inkling of school pride. Nice place to watch a game.
Dinner and a Movie with Father: I’m currently posting during the middle of ‘The Day After Tomorrow’; cataclysmic events fail to impress me. My father on the other hand watches the weather channel 14 hours a day. He is enamored.

I meet all sorts of new friends tomorrow at orientation. YEEHAW!

3 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

University of Texas-Austin

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, UTA is actually Univ of Texas ARLINGTON; UT is simply the one in Austin.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Jeremy Masten said...

"Dr. Pepper" refers to the Philadelphian pharmacist for whom the drink is named. "Dr Pepper" refers to the drink. (The lack of a period is very important, I suppose.)

Anyway--welcome to Waco, home of the free and the Alico Building.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home