Tuesday, April 25, 2006

First and foremost I’d like to make it very clear. If you want a really good blog that describes what it’s like to be a Baylor law student read ‘So The Bear Says’ by Chris Fahrenthold. He is the writer my mother wishes me to be.
Secondly, I have no aspirations of being a journalist, writer, or even the least bit insightful. What I do want is good grades and a job. Therefore I don’t plan on bashing any individual that might actually be offended, or influential in my life. That’s about it for ground rules.

Although this is only the start I must start venting the loathing I feel toward my newest creation. Shakespeare was full of shit when he implied names don’t matter. Trying to name a blog is complicated. I started out by knowing a few things.
1) My name is Jon
2) The school’s name is Baylor
3) The mascot is a Bear
4) ‘So The Bear Says’ is already taken

I wanted to use the word ‘Bear’ in the title. Primarily because I’m unoriginal and there was a blogger already using it successfully. I went through every clever, pithy statement I could imagine when my gay coworker started talking about ‘bigmusclebear.com’. (I'd normally add a hyperlink but here it seems inappropriate) In homosexual terminology a bear is a big, hairy, gay man. Granted, I’m not big, gay, or hairy but I don’t want to be giving my viewers the wrong idea. So after several hours I'm still here, "So the Bear Says" is still taken, and every other statement I think up now sounds gay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home