Wednesday, April 26, 2006

5 Reservations About Attending Baylor

1) Mail sent from Waco with time sensitive stamps took about 12 days to arrive in L.A.
-This in itself doesn’t really bother me. I just cite it as a perfect example of living in the middle of nowhere.

2) The rules of Baylor undergrad make Pepperdine look like they run a whore house.
-**Potential Rumor** A girl was suspended for posing in a bikini for Playboy. **Potential Rumor**A frat that was pictured fully clothed in that same picture was also temporarily suspended. If I felt like delving further into it I might find out some sordid details, but I care nothing for the truth.

3) With only 30 or so people in my entering class I’m bound to hate everyone.
-There is a possible upside. If in fact I find 5 people I can be friends with, that’s like a 20% friend ratio. Not many people on the facebook can say that.

4) People won’t know how cool I am simply based on the name of my jeans.
-I’m not gay, just slightly metrosexual. I like nice clothes, wine, food, travel and that kind of thing. I’m the kind of person that will pay for a designer to rip the shit out of perfectly good jeans, or wash the shirts till they have that nice ‘vintage look’. I’m all for new things but Old Navy isn’t one of them.

5) I’ll actually have to attempt intelligent conversation while drinking.
-People don’t have conversations in Hollywood. It’s a combination of name dropping, noise making and blatant lying. My old tactics won’t work. Without the safety net of loud music, starving models, actresses and singers my tactics are useless. Ask me whatever you want during class and I’ll figure out a sufficient answer. Talk to me after a drink or two and regardless of the question my answer is going to be, “I wish I could but I have to be at Brad and Angelina’s for dinner.”

Regardless, only 4 days before I start my drive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home