Friday, May 19, 2006

School Sanctioned Indulgence

After what I’m sure were arduous deliberations and lengthy debates, the law buddy council finalized their impeccably crafted teams. I heard my name shouted over the room and then a hand waved as I looked over. This was it. Who was it going to be? And the winner is. . . . . . . .drum roll please. . . . . . .AN ATTRACTIVE FEMALE SEEKING HOT UNDERWEAR MODEL! Unbelievable, I couldn’t believe it. It was the first time my a-hole sophomoric tendencies actually did me some good. Sadly, when she realized I wasn’t an underwear model, she went back to her boyfriend but that is beside the point. She is still stuck with me as her law buddy and that counts for something.

As for the party itself, ‘Plan B’ rocked the aluminum, windowless, barn like no other. Their rousing law school renditions of classic songs ran the gamut of emotional elicitation. I laughed, I cried, I felt hopeless, and encouraged. When they performed “The Fallen” with a slideshow in memory of classmates lost, I couldn’t help but think of Roger, Nikki, and Chris. I don’t know where you three are, but orientation wouldn’t have been the same without you.

After a second pitcher, and ample conversation, my designated driver took me on a field trip to George’s Bar. Apparently the institution is the inspiration for a very famous Pat Green song. Until I discover who that is, I fail to be impressed. I went from there to Crickets, and from Crickets to CrimLaw.
Overall it was a great time and I thank my Student Government for their efforts.

5 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love this blog. very refreshing and witty to read, keep writing more. i was able to read it in 1 sitting! best wishes to u durin ur stay in waco

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

Thanks. You seem nice, lets be best friends.

 
At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

saw your law buddy, she's hot. seems like there are only a handful of attractive ones in the law school.

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you dont' know who PAT GREEN is??? you need to find out REAL quick if you plan on living in texas...

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home