Saturday, May 20, 2006

Really Fun Saturday

After about 42 Otter Pops and seven hours at the computer I’ve achieved nothing but substantial confusion and brain freeze. Writing is fun, memos are not. Law School is fun, graded assignments are not. A wise man once said you must take the good with the bad; he was right.

The memo I’m working on has nothing to do with conflagrations as a result of hammering on bungholes, or attacking imaginary Korean soldiers. As a matter of fact, there is no humor anywhere in the entire thing. I’ve discovered shoplifting and false imprisonment do nothing for me. On that ground alone I protest the assignment.

I’ve done everyone a favor and changed the hypothetical. Riddle me this: I’m 100% positive Prof. LARC intends to cause apprehension and I’m 99% sure she will beat me up after reading my paper. Let’s also say if I were to leave Baylor my parents would kill me. Stay or go, I end up like Rodney King. I get so sick from my apprehension I am permanently nauseous, I have dreams of getting killed and I develop a constant fear of birds. Who is liable for my assault? At what stage did they become liable? How much can I get? Who wants to represent me?

P.S.
2Q’s got their first grades back yesterday, some were smiling, and others were not. Congrats to all those that didn’t fail, you are probably smarter then I am. To those who were not so lucky, see you in contracts this fall.

As for those who graduated this weekend. Read my post from 5/13 and pretend it was meant for you.

P.P.S
My parents wouldn’t kill me, I don’t dream of getting killed and I have no current fear of birds.

8 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting blog.

While Chris's blog is the best Baylor Law blog, there have been some others as well. For example, we liked this one while it lasted: http://bearispissed.blogspot.com/

And then there's this one that got its own share of publicity - http://ladybird45.livejournal.com/ ...you know if your into alienating professors and that sort of thing.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

I agree that Chris does have the best blog and I thank you for the links to the others.

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well this blog is the best one i've read. just because it flows more easily like a story than the chris blog and i'm just bein honest. -non biased reader of both good blogs

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I wasn't saying your blog wasn't good, by any means. Just wanted your take on the other 2 blogs.

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

I didn't take it as an insult but the other two blogs are interesting.
Ladybird has a thing against giving 1Q's outlines so I am disinclined to like her.

Bearpissed is more my style but Sothebearsays still wins.

 
At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That may not be a bad thing; I've seen her in class...

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Matt said...

i feel like one might feel as they watch their son wobble off on his first solo two-wheeler ride... i'm not crying, it's this damn pollen..

if only i was inclined to procreate

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home