Wednesday, October 17, 2007

BLS Ping Pongists Challenged to a Duel

Eating in the lounge following the successful JD/MBA informational soiree, my boss - the Director of Graduate Business Admissions - commented on what she perceived to be an uninspiring game of ping pong taking place across the room.

Boss: "So that's your table and those are the people you think can beat our MBA's?"
Me: "You're not seeing the top competitors."
Boss: "Some of our international students take the game very seriously."
Me: "As do some of my JD's. See that man sitting in the corner twirling a yellow paddle? He keeps that in his locker."
Boss: "Fine, if you think they can keep up, your next job is to setup a JD v. MBA ping pong tournament."
Me: "Consider it done."
The above being said, if I plan on receiving my salary and tuition remission, that event will happen sometime after law students are done with finals. In the meantime, I'm using my hard earned MBA dollars to make it rain during tonight's Immunity Party at Wild West. The place should be replete with dance lessons, country music and $1 drinks.

3 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger Evan Simpson said...

Will this tournament be only for current JD students, or can recent alumni play too? I keep my paddle on the shelves with my legal textbooks.

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I predict mass JD disqualifications for swearing and drinking.

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to come spectate the spectacle. You should think about selling tickets...or beer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home