Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Would You Like a Drink with That Job?

Yesterday's career fair was about trading lackluster résumés for corporate swag and business cards.

I'd go up to a booth:

Me: Hey, what are you looking for?
Them: Well, we are a CPA firm looking for . . .
Me: Oh . . . neat . . . my friend's dad is one of those. Is that like a sweatband / slap-bracelet?
Them: Are you interested in accounting?
Me: Sure thing, but I ran out of résumés so you're going to have to take my word for it.
Them: Okay. Well, here is our information and . . .
Me: (slapping the swag against my wrist) Is this really a slap-bracelet?
Them: No it's like a slap-bracelet . . . but it's a koozie.
Me: That's genius. Consider me applied.
I don't know where I was going with that story. I think I wanted to say something like the career fair happened and no company bothered to give me a job but instead I implied it. After all, you walk around a career fair with twelve or so koozies and future employers start to worry.

2 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's the Swanberg we know and love. I lost you for a while under the new business-school- veneer.

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Frankly, I was concerned the main campus was cramping your style.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home