Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Something Poseur Would Love

I've never felt less nervous preparing for a final. I have one tomorrow and two on Monday, yet somehow, 30% of my grade no longer seems worth getting out of bed for. And since nobody, including me, cares about tests, quizzes or my near-perfect participation grades I'll discuss the business school's abundance of food.

To celebrate the first day of class, Prof. Accounting supplied cookies; to reward perfect attendance for the five-week class, Prof. QBA brought in kolaches; to encourage student ambassadors, admissions caters all activities with pizza or sandwiches; and to compensate for a 5 - 6 PM class, the career development guru brought in pizza.

While nice, the above examples are nothing compared to the celebration of Wednesdays. Every Wednesday at 10AM the Graduate Lounge fills with kolaches, Danishes, bagels, juices, muffins, and cakes for a magical time called doughnut hour. Professors and students mingle, eat, talk about life, and leave.

It's a happy place for everyone but diabetics.

And since my blogging has been minimal - something I apologize for - here are links to the new CSO Blog and something by the awkwardly-named Triumvirate of Awesome. I think they are three PC students but I could be wrong.

Enjoy.

7 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope someone - anyone - in admin at BLS reads this. Please, please give us free food. Especially those of us in PC.


Please?

 
At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend of mine who went to grad school at a certain Catholic university used to have something like your doughnut hour, except instead of baked goods the students and professors mingled over cocktails before the afternoon classes.

Doesn't that make you glad you're at a good, solid, God-fearing university instead of that kind of heathen institution.

 
At 6:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was touring UT Law, they had a table set up with free pizza and beer. I asked what the occassion was and my guide said, "Tuesday."

Hey that's just like here at Baylor! Once a month, on Tuesday, if you get to the table before the Rickies, you can have a free Dr. Pepper float.

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rickies love Dr. Pepper.

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You mean the school actually treats you like you're paying them $40K a year to go there? How novel.

 
At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you have time to post, you have nothing to post about.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Sam said...

I assure you that we are as un-PC as they come. Also, un-PC is an officially trademarked term by the ToA adn there may be a lawsuit in the making due to your careless accusations.

Have a wonderful day,

The Triumvirate of Awesome

PS - Great blog and we are joking about the lawsuit. Maybe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home