Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Business School is Diverse

Not that it's really an excuse, but writing about the MBA program is tough knowing that not more than a handful of business students will ever read or relate to what I'm saying.

By nature, law students have a lot in common. They start out with similar aspirations, similar GPA's, similar backgrounds, similar career goals, similar test scores, and undergo a very similar, grueling law school experience. That's not really the case at the B-School.

As one example, Baylor business school is about 36% international. Besides the United States, students come from Nigeria, Zimbabwe, India, China, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Germany, Canada, Honduras, Jamaica and Mexico; considering the school has approximately 90 people, that is a lot of diversity.

Thankfully the experience has taught me to be more culturally sensitive.


Unlike the producers of the below video* - trying to update the World on the improved condition of the once paralyzed Kevin Everett - I wouldn't say, "roll the footage of the black guy in the wheel chair that starts to move" because I know that not all black guys in wheel chairs that start to move are alike. So I have that going for me.




Cops Beat Kevin Everett to Make Sure He Has Feeling . . .


In other Baylor - sort of sports realted - news, they've been doing God's work over at BearMeat, unfortunately, like some of God's other literature I've been finding portions of it too long to read.


*Video stolen from WithLeather

3 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I've been finding portions of it too long to read"

I find this statement funny...

 
At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the law school is up to a whopping 4 black students. That's diversity, Texas style.

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the law school, diversity is having white boys from Plano, the Woodlands, AND Round Rock.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home