Sunday, September 10, 2006

Game Day

Today’s a huge day for sports. Besides the first week of the NFL regular season, and the Roddick v. Federer US Open Final, be on the lookout for the 2006 Visa Championship in gymnastics, and the start of Law League Basketball.

That’s right ladies and gentleman, Law League Basketball starts tonight and the tension in the air is palpable. The 2Q’s are matching up against a squad of 3Q’s in what is likely to be an unremarkable display of athleticism and coordination.

Games will be played at both 8 and 9pm in the Russell Gym, be there or be square.

If I were a betting man, I’d put my money on the 1Q’s. What they lack in law league experience, they make up for with two of the biggest redheads I’ve ever seen plus a girl who happened to play basketball and volleyball for UCLA. If you haven’t yet paid her to not embarrass you like I have, I’d do that quickly.

In other news, here’s to the newest member of the Baylor blogging community. He’s smart, funny, and most importantly. . . a professor. We can only hope Prof. CivPro follows suit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home