Thursday, July 20, 2006

One Step Closer to Being Texan

Instead of canoes and kayaks, Texans float rivers on poorly designed inner-tubes with excessively long, sharp, metal, valve stems. The concept is deceivingly simple. Each individual gets his or her own tube, and each cooler gets its own tube. The idea is to (1) drink, (2) float, and (3) not drown.

#1 makes #2 and #3 significantly more complicated.

The first bad decision was going with a bottomless tube for this impromptu expedition down the mighty Guadeloupe. Apparently turtles are reckless, and shallow rocks feel no sympathy for my skinny, vulnerable, white ass. Subsequently, I spent 5 hours getting sodomized by both rocks and surfacing turtles.

I hadn’t been floating for long when we approached some minor rapids. Two girls were standing alongside the river as my comrade and I approached.

Girl: We can only let the beer cooler through if you give us one.
Me: How old are you?
Girl: 13
Me: That’s sad.
Girl: You’re sad.
Me: Probably true, but I’ll see you later

No more than 10 seconds afterward, my sad ass was ejected from the tube, my beer and sunglasses were gone, I was cuddling a rock, and all I could hear was the 13-year olds standing 20 feet away chanting and laughing, “You’re. . . a . . . bitchhhh . . . You’re . . . a . . . bitchhhh.”

I’m not sure if they were yelling at me or my buddy who had sacrificed life and limb to save the cooler but either way, fuck those girls.

I live to blog another day.

4 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not gonna get itself off!

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

If we are going to be in the business of listing inappropiate quotes from the river:

(1)
Her consent barely matters, why should her pleasure?
(2)
Watch out for that duck. I read in the penal code you're not allowed to use fowl to massage your genitalia.
(3)
Cheers to Honor
To getting Honor and Staying Honor
If you can't come inner come Honor
(4)
Swanburg, put your fucking pants on. This lady claims you have offended her children and she is calling the cops.

 
At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm disappointed that i missed the insanity...or maybe relieved. i'm not quite sure. i hope that no one called the cops, and that if they did then one of my classmates tried to bribe those cops with alcohol and/or sexual favors.

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

im such a damned badass

 

Post a Comment

<< Home