Friday, May 26, 2006

Game Day Recap

Things didn’t really go according to plan. Basically, I was supposed to hit this huge homerun and people were supposed to cheer. I was going to do the worm from first to second, pop it and lock it on my way to third and c-walk my way home. It was going to be awesome. In my one and only at bat, I made it to first and the only accolade I received was: “Hey Swanburg, that’s the first time you’ve reached first base since you have been in Texas.” The next batter grounded to short, I spilt a beer on my way to second and was consequently thrown out on the fielder’s choice. On the defensive end, I made one catch and one omission.

My law buddy hit a short pop and my teammates assumed I was going to catch the ball. They assumed wrong. Firstly, I would have needed to dive; totally inappropriate for law league. Secondly, I would have spilt a second beer; also totally inappropriate for law league. Thirdly, the final score was like 35 – 2 so who really gives a shit?

As far as our overall team skills are concerned we either need practice or less alcohol. After the first inning we were up 2 – 0 but they kept rounding the bases and Thomas kept falling down in the outfield. We forfeited after the third and proceeded to Georges and Bogart’s where we gave our livers a good workout. After buying several rounds of shots, hitting on every girl I saw, and being that guy, a 3L female mercifully drove me home. I don’t remember exactly who she was but if you are reading this, thanks. If we slept together then thanks for that as well.

Sidenote:
I was sitting at George’s with some people and Sothebearsays comes over to give us [me] some encouragement. “Don’t worry guys, everyone makes the playoffs.” And with that he left.
Girl: Who was that?
Me: My friend Chris Farenthold
Girl: Wait you mean you know Sothebearsays and that was him? Oh my God, I feel like I should have asked for his autograph, I’ve been a huge fan for like two years.

Moral of the story: screw eating disorders and a coke habit. Around Baylor, if you want to be famous all you need is a blog.

12 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome for the ride home. I'm assuming you actually made it into your apartment, considering you could barely walk when I dropped you off :)

btw, I'm a 3L (its a very big deal that I've survived this long, so I want to make sure you have it right!)

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

Made the change. Thanks for the ride home. I'm guessing we didn't sleep together?

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Around Baylor, if you want to be famous all you need is a blog."

That's true. Even easier, however, is being the biggest douche bag in law school. You've accomplished both-- maybe you'll get a marble bust next to umphrey's.

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zing!

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, hate mail so early. Rock on. Maybe you've taken the "biggest douche bag" title from me.

 
At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't we all just get along?

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am assuming i am the generic "girl"? thanks a lot swanburg...and that's not how the conversation went. i hate you.

 
At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and don't leave behind the 1Qs just because you are a whore for anyone who has been around for more than one semester...

burn

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

I'd prefer a painting, but if they give me a marble bust I'm cool with that too.

And Haley, that is how the conversation went. If you want I can probably get Chris to sign your forehead.

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you suck

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guess correctly that we did not sleep together. I'm not really into taking advantage of a smashed-off-his-ass newby :0P Plus my boyfriend probably wouldn't have appreciated it too much...

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh good thing you didn't sleep with her. You have to be more selective around the law school, and more than that, its probably best if you don't publicize specifics. You'll see how gossip works around here after a couple more weeks. Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home