Monday, March 16, 2009

PC: No Points for Effort

Testing students over the hundreds of pages of reading from prior to Spring Break, today’s PC II quiz went something like this:

Prof: “Clear your desks.” [Handing out quizzes]
Prof: Pattillo. Why are you reading the question?
Pattillo: I’m sorry, didn’t realize . . . .
Prof: You have ½ the time of everyone else.
Prof: Does everyone have a quiz? [Silent pause]
Prof: You have 45 seconds. 22 seconds for Pattillo.
Upon turning the page and writing a test number, students were faced with a three or four sentence question followed by about seven blank lines in which to write an answer. For me it was enough time to scribble one and a half sentences equal in score to the phrase, “Glorious horse pecker.”

4 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger Eric Policastro said...

Why am I not surprised JoPa would pull such a stunt? Atleast he was awake.

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was the topic?

 
At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reurging objections. I'd be lying if I said I understood the question or the answer...did have time to write 5 words though!

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We just got an email that the answer was "nothing".

I had time to write "In State Court," but then I realized the first words of the Question were "In Federal Court....". I scribbled out "State Court" and time was up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home