Tuesday, July 17, 2007

In Case You're Wondering Why the Couch Was Empty

Chicago walked into the lounge yesterday looking confused and out of breath.


Me: How's it going, Chicago?
Chicago: Good . . . pretty good.
B.M.W: How was your trip, Chicago?
Chicago: The trip was great. I just got back. Washington is a good city.
Me: Wait. You were in Washington the weekend of finals?
Chicago: Yea, it was for the Federalist Society and it was a great success. Apparently they really like my commitment, organization and determination so they made me the new regional coordinator for the Texas / Oklahoma area.




Chicago Celebrating His Great Success with the Future Family

So now that you're updated on Chicago and I'm done with Secured, all of Prof. Contract's divine afflatus has been purged and it's on to ConLaw for Thursday.

Be on the lookout for far more interesting / relevant posts either later today or tomorrow.

6 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Chicago has 9 girls and 1 boy he will explode into a fiery ball of rage.

Note also how youthful Chicago will look by the time he's 40.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

When asked about his youthful glow, he said it was one of the many genetic luxuries bestowed upon him as a Greek.

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Swamburg,
You are correct, of course. I will retain my golden glow far into my 60's- as did Aristotle Onasis. And as to anonymous, I would not explode into a fiery ball of rage- I will just pretend to in order to scare away potential suitors! That will be a display of my German agression, the great boon bestowed upon me by my German ancestors.
- Chicago

 
At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The other great boons of German ancestry: methodic rationalism and the ability to drink body mass-disproportionate amounts of beer. Did Chicago inherit those as well?

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous- 7:49 AM
Yes, I have inherited both of those traits- however, I seldom choose to exercise the second one as I am frugal. I also believe that I generally act rationally.

- Chicago

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chicago darling, you were at the school on Monday?? So was I, and I didn't see you, and I became immediately heartbroken. I was thinking of you the other day when I bought a plane ticket - I'll have my very first layover at Ohare in a few weeks. I'm sure I'll be staring listlessly out the airport windows for two hours, pining over you.

-ALV, too lazy to log in.

(Ha, my word verification is "amclam".. but I'm probably the only one amused by that.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home