Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Returning the Thanks

Prof. ConLaw left today's class to a well deserved round of honest applause.

12 or 13 weeks ago, BC and I ran into RR as he was walking out of the law school. The conversation was short and he didn't smile. He simply said, "I'm excited for ConLaw this summer. It's my first time teaching it, it's only a 30 person class and I'm ready to have fun."

At the time, BC and I looked at each other, gave a scared hesitant laugh and RR kept going.

Looking back now, I can honestly say he was telling the truth. ConLaw was fun. It was a class people got excited for, it was a class people talked about and it was a class people looked forward to.

On behalf of the class that didn't get a chance to fill out evals . . . thank you and congrats on a job well done.

7 Comments:

At 2:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in the post office the other day waiting for the passport guy to get back from lunch. I was studying my Con Law outline while in line and I thought to myself, "RR's exam is going to be worse than that time I got broken up with at prom". Then RR walked into the post office, instilling instant fear, and gave me a head nod, as if to say, "I will meditate and then destroy you".

In all seriousness, I agree with Swanburg's sentiment. This isn't just shameless sucking up, our class collectively enjoyed ConLaw. RR taught this class like he'd been teaching it for years. I remember that convo RR had with me and Swanburg, he was very pumped up, and his enthusiasm showed. It's good to know that when Prof. Guinn retires in 20 years, Con Law is in very good hands.

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger TJ said...

Con law was a great class. RR was awesome too -- I once saw RR scissor kick Angela Lansbury.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Poseur said...

I'm still sore from RR's FedCourts exam. Which was also a great class, just one that ended with an exam that made Trail's exams look like a quiz in the back of Cosmo.

Enjoy.

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

RR ruled Conlaw with an iron fist and we loved him for it. His poop is used as currency in Argentina.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

Umm . . . Argentina is on the Peso.

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger TJ said...

No, the currency of argentina is RR's poop. Speaking of RR, I once saw RR punch a hole in a cow just so he could see who was coming up the road. His family crest was a barracuda eating Neil Armstrong. He was truly the stuff of legends.

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

RR wears a live rattlesnake as a condom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home