Sunday, July 08, 2007

A Note of Clarification

I've received several calls, IM's and e-mails from concerned people who misinterpreted the last post. I haven't withdrawn, dropped out, or even taken a break from law school.

Baylor offers a JD/MBA degree . . . that's what I'm doing. Nothing more, nothing less. While law school alone is normally 3 years and Business school alone is generally 2, combining the programs cuts off about a year and I don't get either degree till I've completed them both.*

Since you have to be within 6 units of graduating to take the Bar, you can't do all of your law classes followed by all of your business classes unless you want to take the Bar after being out of law school for a year or taking a ton of extra units.

That being said, while it's true I'll never again sit in class with Britt, B.M.W. or any other 5Q who decides to go straight through, others like the current 2Q's (including E.P. and some of my other favorite people) will likely join me for PC . . . and that's something we can all look forward to.

*The business school and law school will tell you entirely different things as can be seen comparing the websites. For example the Baylor Law website claims that you only need 24 units from business school to graduate while the Business school website shows you in fact need 32.

2 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger Eric Policastro said...

I don't know what I'm more happy about: the fact that we'll go through PC together or the idea that I will get to meet all of your Business classmates without a 'Y' chromosome.

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i still think the blowup replica of you is a great idea. (not necessarily the type you have in mind, of course.) one in a seated position con laptop, preferably, that we can move from the 120 couch to a chair in the lounge. oh - or a Swanburg Fathead playing ping pong? in the lounge? yes - that's even better.
bmw

 

Post a Comment

<< Home