Thursday, June 28, 2007

Slow Quarter

The BLS news has been short this summer. As far as I can tell, the 1Q's don't do anything outside of law school, the 2Q's are practicing for the ping pong World Championship, the 4Q's are short in numbers, the 5Q's have given up having fun and the never ending rain has destroyed both intramurals and my dreams of the perfect tan.

That being said, I went to dinner with BC and his family the other night and his mom explained her son's ambition and determination by relating it back to a story from his youth:

Mom: One day in elementary school, I guess the high school orchestra came to play and Britt came home and was like, "Mom . . . I want to play the viola." I said to him, "Britt, honey, what about the violin" to which he said, "No . . . I don't want to play anything but the viola; I'm going to be a violist."

Britt's Dream Coming to Fruition

In other news you don't care about, I may or may not have gotten my hands on Photoshop, there are free day planners in the student lounge courtesy of Dean Toben and 100% Columbian coffee courtesy of SBA.

3 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Swanburg, I think that your implied lack of respect for the viola is troubling. Perhaps you should read this book so you become more tolerant of my goals:

http://www.amazon.com/Real-Men-Dont-Rehearse-Professional/dp/0615130291

BC

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think my favorite part of a review of this book is: "this is a very funny book. Consider this passage, describing a performance of the opera Fidelio: "So Jon Vickers started to sing all about what a drag it is to be chained up in a dungeon. One would think this would be self-evident but this went on for quite a while." The story that follows, about Justin Locke's fight with a defective stand light (will our hero be able to get enough light to read his music without burning down the theatre?) is hilarious. And that's just one of many such accounts." The man is the Hunter S. Thompson of strings like BC is the Ferris Bueller of Law School.

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Loria Smith said...

An idea that is made real, such as a plan or an apple, has come to fruition. Fruition is a happy word: it's derived from the Latin, frui, meaning "to enjoy."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home