Tuesday, February 27, 2007

T-Shirt Contest

Because I know you care, here is a list of the proposed shirt ideas. I’m not sure if it’s the list we will be voting on but as far as I know, these are all the ideas submitted. My personal favorites, not including my own, include 24 & 27.




1) Things I learned in the Serr-A-Thon:
1) Review, Refresh, Re-Prepare
2) There are some things more important than catching criminals
3) Better stay out of Hom’s Way
4) You get the time off; you don’t get the work off.
5) Shooter, Shootee, Gun… Shooter, Shootee Gun.
6) One, Two, Never More Than a Few
7) IRAC = Win
8) Way Back Back Back
9) Framers, you da bomb.
10) Catch you on the Flip Flop, Copper!
2) Intervention for Lawyer Wanna-bes
3) Qua Guadium Praecessat Morior. (Latin for where fun goes to die)
4) I’ve Been Excused (to be appreciated by PC and post-PC students)
5) If Newsweek factored in pain and suffering, we’d be #1
6) Picture or names of Powell, Wren and Osler, with the caption: The Axis of Evil
7) A little bit arrogance, a little bit genius
8) Where Masochists Go to Learn
9) Where Baptists Prove God Hates You
10) Taking it Doggy Style Never Felt So Bad
11) Like Middle School For Old People
12) The Only Math That Matters is 40%
13) Because Self-Worth is Overrated
14) The Product of Satan, Umphrey and a Broken Prophylactic
15) A Refuge For Those That Have Been Told to Go Fuck Themselves
16) Harvard on the Brazos
17) Mrs. Degrees Welcome
18) Our Drinking School Has a Legal Problem
19) Front: Ask me no questions…Back: Post PC
20) Front: Picture of Justice Ginsburg with the caption: RUTH
Back: Get it right, keep it tight
21) Sex Can Wait, Litigate!
22) Picture of Bates v. question mark, followed by the caption: Attack Me If You Dare…I Will Crush You
23) We Think We’re Better Than You…(either a chart comparing Law School Bar passage rates or a list of Baylor’s passage rates over the last 5 years)Because We Are!
24) You know the end of Braveheart? It’s kind of like that.
25) "There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Powell, and Wren, and Osler, and all the profs, in the kingdom of Practice Court, and you yourselves thrust out." (Baylor Law 3:L)
26) When I die
I’ll Go to Heaven,
Because I’ve Spent My Time in Hell
27) I would like to retract my previous shirt slogans. They were in bad taste and though meant to be jokes, I don’t want any hint of irreverence toward the Law School to be apparent. Thank you. [emphasis added by me]
28) Um Is Not the Answer
29) A shorter and more correct answer would have been ‘no’
30) Practice Court: The Practical Application of I.I.E.D.

20 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Blogger Mark Osler said...

Excellent! I've never gotten to be in an axis of evil before!

I think I want to be the Iranian guy, though, not Kim Il Jong.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Hendricks said...

Is it too late to submit an idea?
How about:
1) Baylor Law: All trial, no error.

2)Pic of the offical BLS mug with caption: "I got mugged at Baylor"

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Poseur said...

I though #27 was unintentional brilliance.

But it appears the SBA has a problem with leaks. We've already narrowed this list down. We shall find the person responsible for this leak and kill them.

 
At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It appears that someone has absconded with one of the 10 copies that I printed out for the meeting.

Note to you...you will be found and dealt with accordingly

JC

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, you act like you have actual power just because you're on SBA. Grow up. It's a t-shirt slogan. You're not funny. Just like the conversations I've heard you have the past few days.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger OsoDelSol said...

Hoooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllliiiiee, I like (2).

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

I don't know who 4:19 is directing its anger towards but using “OMG” and “grow up” in the same sentence is funny. It would have been funnier if you said, OMG!! Your like SOOO immature!!!” but you didn’t. Therefore you too could be funnier.
And since I’m not in SBA and don’t claim to have any power, I’ll assume that 4:19 was directing it’s commentary towards either Baker or JC. And yes, I’ll agree that both need to grow up.

As for my source, I’ll never tell.

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

swanny, if you tell us your source i'll buy you a beer, or two, or three. and i don't mean keystone either. - good cop

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was directed at Baker, not you. Hadn't thought too much about who JC was until now, but yeah applies to him too. Being on SBA didn't make him any cooler than he was during 1L. But it wasn't anger so much as I'm just sick of hearing from them.

I think you're still funny, for the most part. Thanks for keeping me entertained. I really appreciate it!

And as you've seemed to point out, I probably need to grow up too. I'm also probably less interesting than both Baker and Cypret these days, so I shouldn't be talking, but whatever.

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

have we resorted to measuring our self worth by how humorous we are? that in and of itself speaks volumes, sad volumes - sad cop :(

 
At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow 4:19. JC was clearly making a joke. You should really lighten up... and stop listening in on other people's conversations.

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I have to say is that if you're going to comment/joke about the death penalty, maybe you should get the law right, ya know seeing as we're in law school. The state has the burden, so the defendant doesn't have to come forward and tell the prosecutor shit, much less find the actual murderer. If that was a joke, it was lost on me.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Poseur said...

Hey, I have stalker bent on my own destruction! How awesome is that? I never knew you cared, anonymous!

And I don't think I've ever insinuated I have any power. Because we all know I don't. And I think the fact JC and I were talking about finding out about SBA leaks and killing the person, it should have been clear we were not that serious.

And, for the record, I didn't write any of the T-shirt slogans. So if they weren't funny, it was probably just because the authors had once been within proximity of me. For I am a black hole of comedy, where no laughter escapes.

 
At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baker-

Did you piss in some one's Cheerios again?

-Tex Alum

 
At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

8:10, yeah i got that. But after 7-8 quarters of his "jokes," it gets old. As for lightening up, seriously????

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about "Where Funds Go To Die?"

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah baker, quit making a fool of yourself. you are making yourself look like a fool.

 
At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tuition: $30,156
Books and Fees: $2207.50
Standard Issue Sippy Cup and Adolescent Melodrama: Priceless

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love 10:30. My commentary:

15) A Refuge For Those That Have Been Told to Go Fuck Themselves

It's apparently also a refuge for those WHO have grammar issues...

 
At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some too late suggestions:

1. Where am I and why am I in this handbasket?
2. Baylor Law School: We do it standing up.
3. My parents paid $100K to Baylor Law and all I got was this lousy t-shirt and a really big mug.
4. Make Love, Not Law Review (As a side note, this one would have to be tie-dyed and Bates would get one for free!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home