Monday, February 26, 2007

Spring Law Buddy Social

Normally, Piano Man is a $5 cover and you can’t get in . . . tonight I’m guessing that won’t be the case.

This evening’s Law Buddy Social starts at 9:30 and will continue indefinitely with much hoopla amongst the masses; and I hope you like the word hoopla because I certainly do. I also like the word defenestrate but hadn’t found occasion to use it in a sentence until just then.

Anyway, Law Buddy isn’t so much about making friends as it is about partying, and passing down notes, outlines, and the occasional story beginning, “When I was a 1Q . . . .”

But I’m not getting a law buddy and I’ve been told it’s for the best. Passing along everything I know would be fun, but everything I know would help a new law student as much as giving him a broken condom and a pine cone and unless that student happens to be McGuiver, he’s going to fail.

You can show up to sing songs with Piano Man, or not sing and watch me imbibe in a lonely corner; the choice is yours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home