Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day and Facebook

As many of you already know, I’m fucking brilliant. Having said that, I’m warning you now, this next story may come as a surprise.


I’d been saving my free Facebook gift for a special someone’s Valentine present. It was going to be perfect.

So there I am this morning, everything is planned and ready to go when out of nowhere, Facebook decides the gift shop is “Temporarily Closed for Restocking.” What the fuck? I mean I too run out of things like digital dick-in-a-box on occasion but not on V-Day. Only an idiot would run out of things like digital dick-in-a-box on V-Day.

Anyway, after countless refreshing to no avail, I resorted to drastic measures: changing my profile’s relationship status to, “In a Relationship.” Of course, five minutes later the gift shop opened up but by then it was too late. I mean, I ended up sending her a troll too but at that point, I don’t think anyone really cared about the troll.

So now I’m in a Facebook-official relationship, all because I was too cheap to buy flowers.

3 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Thomas said...

Epic fail.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

This coming from the guy who attended his 8 AM class looking like Ronald McDonald poorly disguised as Dick Tracy. You Mr. Thomas, you are an epic fail; a lonely epic fail.

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do your undergrads read your posts?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home