Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day at BLS

Thanks to the Women’s Legal Society, repressed feelings of teen angst have resurfaced throughout the law school; way to go girls, way--to--go.

Remember back in middle school and high school how people could send Valentine’s gifts to people in school and one’s popularity and sense of self worth was based solely on the number of Valentine related accoutrements? Well the Women’s Legal Society did their part by baking and selling cookies for V-day.

If you happened to walk by the table today asking, “How do I know if I got any cookies?” you know how I felt back in 7th grade. You also know how it feels to have this conversation:

Cookie Getter: “I have so many cookies I couldn’t possibly eat them all. Do you want one?
You: “No, I have a dinner date tonight.”
Cookie Getter: “I bet you do. I bet you also have four dozen roses waiting for you at home. All that dreaming must be using up a lot of energy; please, have a cookie.”
You: (Sobbing) I hate you.

In case you’re wondering, thanks to Jolie, I’m one of the cookie getters. It feels tremendous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home