Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A Must Read Article





Law school isn’t funny but this certainly is:






". . . .And that kids, that's the story behind why I can never go back to Disneyland. Any other questions?"


In his blog, From Malibu to Waco, student Jonathan Swanburg wrote, "The
Breakfast for Dinner thing was good, so good in fact I'm left wondering why it
hasn't happened before. Each server had a custom embroidered apron, tall white
chef hat, and the demeanor of a giddy school child."

Jeremy Counseller wouldn't claim giddiness, but he did say the event really was fun and that if an academic life doesn't work out for him, he can get a job as a "gravy server."


This is not a quote from my mom, dad or even the Lariat. This is a quote from the Baylor Administration. In fact, this article comes right before, “Baylor Researcher Creates First Temperature Record for the North American Great Plains - Says Results "Unexpected."


I’d love to hear the interview with Prof. CivPro:

Interviewer: Mr. Swanburg said you had a giddy demeanor.
Prof. CivPro: Have you ever met Swanburg?
Interviewer: No.
Prof. CivPro: Well I figured as much cause if you had, you’d know he doesn’t know what the hell he’s talking about.
Interviewer: So you weren’t giddy?
Prof CivPro: Do I look like I was giddy? You know I kicked him out of class on the VERY first day?
Interviewer: So can I say you had a good time?
Prof CivPro: You know what I used to write on top of my exams?
Interviewer: (confused)
Prof CivPro: "I’m a Badass." And you can take that one to the bank.
Interviewer: Ok, so I’ll say the event was really fun.
Prof CivPro: No, I mean, don’t get me wrong, I was one hell of a gravy server . . . probably the most badass gravy server ever.
Interviewer: Alright well I think that’s enough for now. Thanks
Prof. CivPro: No, thank you.

5 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i always enjoy spooning with the faculty...

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow, that nearly made the Contracts II final seem ok.

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm famous! A rear/side view of me wearing a jersey was posted on Swanburg's blog. Any further questions or requests for appearances can be directed to my agent...

 
At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jonathan, I must admit that an extremely miniscule piece of me is rejoicing about your blog's most recently gained notoreity. That being said, the more logical and well-reasoned part of me looks upon your ill-gotten fame in utter disdain.

Let me tell you a little story about man, his name is The Dude, but, due to fear of imminent legal action from the Cohen brothers due to copyright infringement, I will use my well deserved poetic license and call him The Migratory Waterfowl. The Migratory Waterfowl was an ostensibly congenial and jovial sort; however, inwardly he harbored dark secrets of greed, ambition, and manipulation. One day, The Migratory Waterfowl chose to ride the coat tails of a very learned man to the top.

Jonathan, I can only hope that the moral at the very heart of my scintillating yarn has managed to break through your self-imposed barriers. Jonathan, I beseech you to adopt this moral as your guiding North Star, and live by and adhere to its tenets.

 
At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"In order to subject a defendant to a judgment in personam, if he be not present w/in the territorial limits of the forum state..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home