Wednesday, January 24, 2007

**Update**

The Breakfast for Dinner thing was good, so good in fact I’m left wondering why it hasn’t happened before. Each server had a custom embroidered apron, tall white chef hat, and the demeanor of a giddy school child.

I didn’t have a camera to capture the event, so I’m banking on someone else to supply a picture. (Maybe the wonderful Ms. Creed?)

I must get back to studying, but before I do, I leave you with this less-than-anonymous quote of the evening:

“They put me on muffin duty. I’m the muffin man. I brought my own brownies but they wouldn’t let me serve them. So for muffins we’ve got banana-nut, poppy . . . not the good kind, and chocolate chip.”

**Update: Ask and You Shall Receive**






8 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's interesting to note that the first picture includes someone taking a picture...as though this might never happen again.

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't go to this (too old to stay up that late), but I thought it was a really thoughtful idea and a sign the faculty are really trying to overcome the traditional BLS problems. Bravo!

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Thomas said...

it was freaking awesome

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see the faculty trying to be more collegial. I think this has more to do with the current makeup of the faculty than a grand plan to be warm and fuzzy. Something like this just never would have happened with past faculties, no matter how friendly they were trying to be. Trail? Underwood? Muldrow? Can anyone envision Angus McSwain slopping eggs on your plate? Matt Dawson? Frank Wilson?

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know...but Counseller slopped gravy on my biscuits.

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree - looks like faculty is trying to respond to complaints. Nice improvement!

 
At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, for years the students have been complaining: "We need food, served by faculty, for free, at night!" Finally, they are listening.

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to mention then constant request of, "We need to get stuck awkwardly in an immobile line in front of our beloved professors and make awkward jokes!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home