Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A Beacon of Change

There is nothing eminently funny or entertaining about law school; anyone who has spent time wondering if their em dash looks italicized knows this. Thankfully, that doesn’t stop the Administration and Faculty from trying.

For example:

Today we had four hours of CrimPro. Besides the “Miranda Dance” and the phrase “attenuation of taint,” (hehehe . . . taint) there is nothing inherently amusing about four hours of CrimPro. Someone realized this and our efforts were rewarded with pizza.

On a larger scale, in an attempt to personify the phrase, “We Serve You,” tonight, some of the professors and Deans will put on chefs’ hats and serve the students breakfast for dinner from the hours of 10 - 12.

A few months back, many complained that the second and third floors put themselves before the first. It appears someone listened. Free food with the added personal touch is certainly a step in the right direction.

Tonight when I’m studying, I may not be able to laugh about covenants of seisen or an ejusdem generis but I will probably laugh about attenuation of taint (gets me every time) and the Dean will be wearing a funny hat; in the big scheme of things, that’s all that really matters.

If you’re looking for comedy and it isn't too late, turn on channel 26 where you'll find Baylor v. Kansas in basketball. I just received an IM that reads:

“Baylor Mens Basketball looks like a bunch of midget autistic children trying to compete in team rhythmic gymnastics. They are 1 for 16 shooting and have scored 3 points in 11 minutes.”

7 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

its seisin, not sezien...Professor Property would not be pleased with you...
I am just trying to demonstrate that I still have command of my faculties on my birthday.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

Thank you Chi-Town, thank you very much. Your ability to refrain from imbibing slivovitz on this occasion has done you well.

 
At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you birthday boy for correcting Mr. Swanburg. I'm glad you were paying attention. I hope y'all enjoy the breakfast tonight. I will not be there to serve because I am about to wrestle and 3 year old and 1 year old to bed. . . I hope.

 
At 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...Prof. Property posts anonymously?

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jonathan, hello my friend, hello. I wanted to convey to you on this beautiful morning that we're coming to America, today. As one would surely assume, this comment is riddled with cryptic underpinings and laced with secrets and a common theme waiting to be discovered. Sweet caroline, o o o, good times never seemed so good.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Poseur said...

I had tickets to that game courtesy of the third floor. I think it was a punishment.

 
At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh . . Neil Diamond!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home