Saturday, January 27, 2007

Blogging for Blogging's Sake

“I want a trophy wife but not one that takes all my money. If a trophy wife was like a car she’d be like . . . she’d be like a Jaguar; beautiful to look at but breaking down all the time and costing me a lot of money. What I need is a Toyota. I don’t mind a, you know, a sort of frumpy Toyota, as long as she has my back during my final climactic shootout.”

- Chicago on Marriage

I’m obviously miserable. Turning long-winded Chicago quotes into sexual innuendo is kind of what miserable people do . . . that and blog from a second floor cubicle in the library.

In closing, I leave you with two more quotes. Pick the one you prefer and go with it:

1) “The bitterness of studying is preferable to the bitterness of ignorance”
-Anon

2) “Instead of studying for finals, what about just going to the Bahamas and catching some rays? Maybe you'll flunk, but you might have flunked anyway; that's my point.”
-Jack Handy

4 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

more blog updates por favor...
i need something to read!

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

It's called Contracts, Becky. . .contratos. Learn it, live it, love it.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Alan said...

I thought you said you weren't studying this quarter b/c of the new grading system. Particularly considering the Contracts I curve under the old system was fairly generous, I'm kinda disappointed.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

Yea. My goal was to convince everyone else but it didn't work so now I'm forced to study.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home