Thursday, September 14, 2006

Law Buddy Social

Law Buddy was fun but don’t tease me by saying there will be karaoke if the list is going to be four pages long and highlighted by the likes of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Old McDonald. To add insult to injury the Fisher-Price inspired sound system forced performers to either yell or remain unheard. Although many revelers attempted, the real singing didn’t go down until Scruff’s.

I paced myself with the drinks, and watched those around me get tanked. Starting any party at 7 turns the remainder of the night into an endurance event. Congratulations to those that made it to last call, and my condolences to those who fell short. There’s always Immunity Day.

Besides drinking, and karaoke, Law Buddy is all about advice and of all the advice I heard given out last night, none was better than this:

1Q: I can’t go out after this I have to finish my CivPro.
Law Buddy: That’s bullshit, have some more drinks and relax.
1Q: But I really have to do my CivPro, I haven’t even started.
Law Buddy: In case you haven’t already noticed, you don’t do CivPro, CivPro does you. Now what can I get you to drink?

In the case you don’t like your law buddy, I’m filled with all sorts of equally bad advice and love giving it out. Feel free to ask.

Anyway, people left Buzzard Billy’s around 10:15 and headed over to Scruff’s. Some would say that’s where the magic happened. Thomas rocked the after party like a young, white, poorly dressed, P-Diddy, and upper quarters were gracious enough to continue imparting wisdom.

For example I asked a girl her name and four minutes later I was being strongly encouraged to attend law school in Croatia and run for SBA President when the opportunity presents itself.

Good times were had by all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home