Tuesday, September 19, 2006

It all started last Thursday

. . . that was the first day we were allowed to use computers in Property. The room was abuzz with humming hard drives and clinking keys until two minutes into class:

Prof Property: Mr. Thomas.
Thomas: Yes.
Prof. Property: Tell me about the case.
Thomas: It was a partition suit between. . .
Prof. Property: Is that a brief or notes?
Thomas: I guess just notes.
Prof. Property: I’ll see you tomorrow.

As Thomas prepared to depart, Prof. Property summoned the girl to Thomas’ left. She was given permission to sit and speak until Thomas had finished his packing as to not interfere with his progress.

I loved it.

Thomas was stood up again on Friday. The Prof. checked his brief, congratulated him, and allowed him to speak. When he would get stuck, Mr. Swanburg was called to his rescue.

I loved that too.

Today’s class, Thomas was once again called to action. This time she tried tricking him in the same way you’d trick an infant that doesn’t want to go to sleep. It worked like a charm.

Prof. Property: Since you have been so helpful the last couple of days, today you are going to be the star of our hypos.
Thomas: (smiling from ear to ear)
Prof: Property: Mr. Thomas please stand and tell us what would happen if you conveyed to Mr. Swanburg. . . .

No longer feeling like a star, Thomas proceeded to say my name over and over again, while Prof. Property asked questions like, “What if Mr. Swanburg planned on bringing little children down to the pond to water ski?”

Although I came across like the director of Neverland Ranch, Thomas answered the questions, and made an effort at sitting.

Prof. Property: Mr. Thomas, you did so well with those can you please stand up again and tell us about the case.
Thomas: Well. . .
Prof. Property: Do you have a brief?
Thomas: Still got it.
Prof. Property: Terrific. I’m glad I have sufficiently scared you into doing your work. Now please, continue to enlighten us.

Sometimes that class makes me so happy, I forget she isn't just doing it for my own delectation.

1 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, poor Thomas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home