Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Baywatch Meets Special Olympics

Although the memo rewrite has temporarily sucked the blogging spirit out of my being I will mention that someone in a high place likes watching the 1Q’s look like a class of mentally challenged third graders. Maybe it’s punishment for the easy schedule but someone is out for revenge. I’ve asked around and as far as I can tell, the ‘Werebears’ never signed up for volleyball yet somehow the school wide e-mail says we have.

Fear not. I’ve gathered a motley group of six spastics that I’m sure won’t disappoint whoever it is that enjoys watching invalids get hit in the face with fast moving projectiles. And for everyone’s viewing pleasure, the infamous Thomas will be taking his athleticism from the outfield into the sandbox.

10 dollars says one of my teammates figures out a way to get their head stuck in the net.


UPDATE:

Maybe it was the Dean, maybe it was my mother, but someone made a call to have the ‘Werebears’ stricken from the V-ball roster. I recant my bet and apologize for the inconvenience.

9 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as you aren't included in that "motley group of six spastics" they are welcome. Otherwise, stay home and count your gucci purses or something.

 
At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why the hate?

 
At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

I’ll invite your mom over and we can count my purses together. OOOOOOOOO, You've been punked.

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be lame. However, you should get yourself a little glove to wear during intramurals. Throwback to another Baylor Law blogger.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

What kind of little glove are you refering to?

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am proud to be one of the "motley group of six spastics".......we need to prove our incompetence in more than one area of athleticism

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fyi, i do not suck at volleyball.

 
At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey jonathan, it's good to see that even people who grow up on long island 1) are intelligent 2) are truly funny and not just re-taw-dead 3) can spell. Are you sure you shouldn't reconsider law school for a career in journalism? I have to start a blog soon at the Associated Press, where I work, so I'm looking to you for inspiration. Would it be too embarrassing for you if I noted here that you have made your parents sooo very proud. Anyway, good luck in law school. If you ever are about to wed one of the pretty girls you keep describing, send your future wife to me so I can give her tips on being married to a lawyer (Tip No. 1: You will never win an argument, so don't try. Tip No. 2: You are always on trial, so get your facts straight before expressing an opinion. Tip No. 3: It doesn't hurt to casually mention to doctors and contractors that your spouse is an attorney.) Take care and keep up the amusing work. I hope you spend as much time on contracts homework as you do on your blog.
Sincerely, beth harpaz (Nancy Owens' sister!) bethharpaz@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home