Thursday, July 26, 2007

From One Bar to the Next

To those that finished taking the Bar exam today, congratulations. For those that want to share in this evening's celebratory libations, I'll do my best to figure out where they'll be held and update this post accordingly. [The title of this post is genius.]

In the mean time, if you have a couple weeks on your hands and would rather get paid than not, e-mail NathanFlach@gmail.com:

Sorry to veer off topic Mr. Swanburg -- Baylor attorney here. Another '05 graduate and I hung a shingle right outa law school. Now we face more work that we can handle, at least over the next few weeks. Any bartakers want to assist us temporarily while awaiting your license? Would need you to start immediately. If interested, email at NathanFlach@gmail.com We [have an] office in Dallas, but will consider hiring someone to work remotely if no Dallasites apply. Pay is at the clerkship level – $700/wk. Thanks.


Judging from the comments in the post below, there are at least two people who won't be competing for the position. They don't want to sound arrogant but they will not work for $700 a week and felt you should know.

UPDATE:
It appears the Bar takers are currently imbibing at Crickets.

1 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger _B_ said...

Whoa. This brings back memories. Two years since the bar exam.

I must say to all of you who just finished - and to quote animal house - my advice to you is to start drinking heavily (and you'd better listen to him, he's pre-med).

When I walked out of the bar exam, I was certain I failed, which was rediculous because I did great on the first 2 days - I just didn't care about topics like say Oil and Gas, specifically, some damned 1920s statute, so Day 3 bent me over. Fortunately, I had to begin moving the following day. So, seriously, my advice is to indulge in anything that makes you forget the last 3 days.

On another note, I overlapped Mr. Flach at Baylor. He's a nice guy, trying to give a chance to some overly competent Baylor folks, so be nice. Solos and small firms don't have a lot of money to throw around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home