Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Ode to Bobbie

Before I knew Bobbie, she was the Houston girl pictured here:


(Picture courtesy of anonymous commentator having read my post about mums and garters.)

Sometime after these pictures were taken, she moved out to Malibu, started at Pepperdine and became my friend.

The first time we ever talked, I prattled on with pretense, she talked about her mission trips; five years later, I'm in Waco and she's still in Malibu . . . gratuitously promoting for the local band Face Humper.

Today, Bobbie and I live vicariously through one another. She likes my stories about Ninfa's, I like her pictures of Disneyland. It works.

And yes, this whole post was for the purpose of putting up that first picture and yes, accoutrements that beautiful deserve their own post.

You're welcome.

3 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Blogger EP said...

I'm not sure if Bobbie is on the left or the right, but I wanna be on her.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

EP, I find your sentiments crude at best. Assuming you meant "be on her" in the most flattering, romantic sense, Bobbie is the one on your left, Tory, her roommate is the one on the right and Drew is the lucky man in the middle.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

grrrrr....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home