Monday, December 04, 2006

Holiday Libations and Charity

I met Osler for the first time today and I must say . . . he looks taller in real life. But I digress. He asked if I’d help with his upcoming charity event and I agreed.

As much as I’d love to play foosball against Bates and Osler, I’m admittedly destined to lose. So I was thinking maybe we could tack on a couple other charitable events, involve a few other professors and turn it into something we can all love and enjoy.

For example, I’d thoroughly enjoy playing Prof. CivPro in shuffleboard, Prof. LARC in darts, Prof. LAPP in pool or Prof. LARC II in beer pong. I’m not saying it’s going to happen, I’m just saying I’d pay good money if it did.

The tentative plan is for Tuesday December 19th at Crickets. Since this is a charitable event, I was thinking the good folks at Phi Alpha Delta or any other group may be interested in sponsoring. The sponsor would be responsible for renting one pool table, one shuffle board, one dart board and one foosball table for three hours. I’m thinking that will run you about $50 - $75.

Think about it, leave suggestions, and show up when it eventually happens.

6 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Blogger Thomas said...

paying money for friendship? makes me think im in a fraternity again! you think we can get a kissing booth set up as well?

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Poseur said...

I'm wondering if Swanburg not knowing the difference between "regress" and "digress" was intentional. If intentional, funny. If unintentional, absolutely hysterical.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

Yea. . .umm. . .I don't know but I meant to put regress because I thought it would be funny because I used to do Econometric Multivariable Regressions in undergrad and I thought it would be funny to sort of hint back at that. So yea. . .umm. . .I changed it.

Thanks for nicely pointing out my shortcomings.

Regress...Who says regress?

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There aren't very many people at the law school that are worth paying to kiss.

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Mark Osler said...

I'm not kissing you, Thomas. I'll ask Bates for you, though.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Thomas said...

Prof. Osler-

Awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home