Saturday, August 26, 2006

They Mean What They Say

I’ve passed on the Waco Margarita and Salsa Festival in favor of Little Miss Sunshine. Although the movie was allegedly released everywhere on 7/26, it hadn’t reached Waco until yesterday. I haven’t been this excited in years.

I feel the need to clarify something. Prof. Property isn’t haphazardly kicking people out for shits and giggles. She has rules and as a class we have been breaking them left and right. The thing I don’t get is why.

Last quarter I was kicked out for showing up late, as did another girl, but nobody was ever kicked out for being unprepared. This is law school; you should do your homework.

Prof. Property has been the most prolific but every other professor has dealt with the same thing. Prof. Torts II gave someone the boot on Friday and Prof. Contracts designated a person as absent after an insufficient performance. Word on the streets is Prof. CivPro and LARC have also bounced a couple.

To be unprepared for the first week of class is bad. Knowingly not doing what the Professor expects is retarded.

Welcome to Baylor. Do your work, show up on time and turn off your cell phones. To quote a professor, “We aren’t capricious sons-of-a-bitch.”

I don’t know exactly what that means but it means something.

Getting kicked out of a single class may not affect your grade, but your mother will think less of you. I know mine did.

On a lighter note please read about K-Fed night, and his “amazing ass” GED score. Apparently he is smarter than your dog.

8 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you talking to me??

 
At 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

get off your high horse Swaniii. I am really sick of your surfer boy responses in class. WHy dont you attempt to speak like a lawyer. I mean arent you the guy who told a girl who didnt want to have sex before marriage that your parents wouldnt let you get married until your were 26 or 27 just to get in her pants.

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

I'll admit, 99% of my answers are incoherent. I'm neither smart not eloquent. It's further proof that you really must try hard to get kicked out.

Second, isn't that the opposite of what I'd need to say if I were trying to "get in her pants"?

If by chance you are infering that I somehow got that line to work, I take that as the highest of compliments.

 
At 1:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats nothing! swanburg is the master of word economy when it comes to sleeping with girls. while his "nice shoes, wanna fuck?" isent everything that it could be, his "daammmnnnn its hot in these clothes" runs like clockwork for him.

 
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're beginning to sound like the spring starters...we're cooler than that. we're supposed to be like the fun uncle everyone likes having around but gets too drunk and has to be kept away from the guests who don't know the family too well. moral of the story? we haven't drank nearly enough.

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linking deadspin--I'm proud of you.

 
At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it’s funny when someone says something like "speak like a lawyer" and they think that means something. Do you mean a trial lawyer ingratiating him/herself to a jury? Or perhaps a lawyer negotiating a case over the phone with another attorney? Or maybe a lawyer at the bar trying to get lucky? Or do you mean, in class trying to sound like a law professor who memorized his questioning routine a decade ago?

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

Firstly, Deadspin is undoubtedly the funniest stuff on the web. Thank you for introducing me.

Secondly, Prof. LARC gave us this quote to help identify what it meant to be lawyerly:

As an acronym its: YMBADSBTNTLOALO

Written out: “You May Be A Dumb Shit, But Try Not To Look Or Act Like One”

 

Post a Comment

<< Home