Monday, August 21, 2006

And So We Begin

Irony was abounding in today’s season opener.

(1) I met a 1Q from NY, who happens to share my first name. The similarities don’t end there. Just moments into class I was called on to answer a question and moments later he was called on to answer a question. After admitting to not yet purchasing the Supplement, he was unceremoniously excommunicated from Property. The scene was eerily reminiscent of my first day of CivPro.

Following in the footsteps of many a great Baylor Professor, Prof. Property kicks out a student her first day on the job. Congratulations.

(2) Prof. Contracts created his own seating chart. To my left is homeboy from NY and to my right is a fellow Pepperdine Wave. Weird.

(3) Prof. Torts II is the opposite of scary. As the younger brother of a famed Baylor Professor / Executioner, Prof. Torts II was hyped as the next big thing in pain. Thankfully, the speculation was for not. You can sit when you speak and laughter is seemingly encouraged.

More importantly:

Baylor Law now has a chapter of Phi Alpha Delta and I’ve been asked to act as the Social Chair. Trouble and updates to follow.

4 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isnt Phi Alpha Delta the pre-law fraternity? I think I was a member back in my college days. In fact, Im pretty sure I still owe them money. Any strings you can pull?

 
At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phi Alpha Delta is a law fraternity. The undergrads stole it.

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i forgot how freaking expensive it is to be a member......i will have to sell my body on LaSalle for a few weeks to raise that first $70. those parties better be damn good Swanburg.

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the coverage of the new profs. Very interesting to us alums...Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home