Wednesday, August 16, 2006

And the Darwin Award Goes To . . .

If you go back to here, you will notice I once forgot to wear underwear to class and if you go here you will see I once forgot to catch a softball. Yesterday however, I forgot my keys . . . 1500 miles away . . . in sunny Southern California.

It was a simple plan. I was to drive to the airport, fly to California, return 11 days later and drive home. I was blinded by the excitement of returning to my agrestic wonderland that is Waco and it wasn’t till after landing in DFW that I realized my mistake. I was forced to rent a car, drive back to Waco, stay at a friends, wait till morning, have the realtor let me in, get spare keys, drive back to the Avis, take a shuttle to the airport, take a shuttle to where my car was parked and then drive home.

To add insult to injury, Tuesday turns out to be the biggest day for car rentals. Adam Smith’s Invisible Hand via Avis did me dry. They were the only company with an available car and they priced accordingly. 11 hours and $108.57 later I returned the purple, manual windowed, two-door, Chevy Cobalt to its home and continued on with my life.

I’m back in Waco just in time for Wednesday night karaoke. It’s good to be home.

1 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha, it sounds like the WJC is a better judge of character than we origionally thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home