Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A Moment of Silence for SoTheBearSays

I discovered SoTheBearSays about two months before making my decision to attend Baylor and I wouldn’t have been here without it. By chronicling the life of a Baylor law student, SoTheBearSays highlighted a perspective that went far beyond any viewbook or open house.

I was accepted into nine schools, all of which had their own selling points. Some sent me free shirts, travel vouchers, hand written letters etc. but after everything, I was still clueless about what to expect.

During my tour of Baylor, I asked what students do for fun. My guide told me all about the Cameron Park Zoo, the Dr. Pepper Museum and The Texas Sports Hall of Fame. Next I asked why Baylor was the bootcamp of law schools. She simply said it was difficult. I was thoroughly unimpressed. Had that been my only insight, I would have undoubtedly chosen somewhere else.

More importantly, SoTheBearSays has provided me with hours of entertainment and for that I must thank Mr. Fahrenthold. It has been a great run and you will certainly be missed.

8 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

im glad yall love each other. you two should hold hands and walk along the edge of the river behind the law school.

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, Thomas, you sure are a Crabby Patty. There's something to be said for appreciating other people.

 
At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeesh. An institution goes dark. It's like George's closed or something.

 
At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah...except if george's closed there would be a lot more unemployed 60-year old, toothless, chronic smokers.

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont think poorley of me for giving swanburg a hard time. im just trying to be a good friend to him.

 
At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what the hell is going on with the cricket population in waco right now?

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

Like Chirstmas and Easter, the cricket invasion is an annual event.

http://www.baylor.edu/Lariat/news.php?action=story&story=19186

The first article claims crickets aren't in fact dangerous; this is simply not true. Crickets happen to be the bannana peels of the insect world.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/06/13/tech/main558577.shtml

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

The 2nd link got cut off. If you must know about the slippery cricket. . .

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003

/06/13/tech/main558577.shtml

 

Post a Comment

<< Home